20 November 2013

Chicken and Rice Soup

 

Chicken and Rice Soup
1 cup of brown rice
2 boxes of low sodium chicken broth (64 total oz)
cream of chicken condensed soup
2 chicken breasts (diced)
carrots (diced) 
parsley

-I used Pacific Brand for the broth and soup. Available at Whole Foods. The broth is lower sodium than any brand I have found. The condensed soup is also great by Pacific, no questionable ingredients.
-I used 1 bag of baby carrots and diced them. I am a carrot lover! Use more or less for your tastes. I do not love celery, but that could be added as well if you wish!
-I used parsley to taste, no specific amount as I am a nonspecific kind of gal.

Bring 2 cups (16oz) of the chicken broth to boil. Add in rice. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Add remaining chicken broth, soup, carrots, and diced chicken breasts. Let simmer for additional 25 minutes to allow chicken to cook through. 

The first time I made it, I added the juice of one lemon. It really brightened up the recipe. This time I didn't have lemons on hand, but it was just as savory!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment