05 January 2014

Week in Review


'
Today marks Day 5 of my January Whole 30. I am starting to feel the good vibes the book talked about, but am cautiously optimistic as some people have reported carb flu onset closer to Day 8. The worst I felt all week was 3 pm on Day 2. It was the headache of all headaches, cold rain, and the end of my first day back from Winter Break. Kill all things kind of a mood. What did I do about it? "Suck it up, buttercup". Chugged some water, cuddles with Scout, and then straight out the door to meet Jennie for Body Pump.

"It Starts with Food" mentioned going light on exercise and allowing yourself small power naps for the first week. For me, I found the complete opposite to be true. Going strong at the gym made me feel 1000% better. This week I did a mix of Cycle, Body Pump, and Pilates. It felt great. I am rinsing and repeating for next week.

Other thoughts from this week? There is no way in hell you can be successful with this without preparation. I make a weeks worth of lunch on Sundays (today) and have a game plan for dinners this week. Eric has been fine all week with dinner. He really will eat anything I put in front of him, bless his heart. The meat is high quality, the vegetables are fresh (and local if seasonally possible), and the spices are on point. Up until now, I have really underestimated the power of spices. Some nights I make things that I know he can easily modify. For example, Paleo Turkey Chili the other night. Mine was simple, he covered his in cheese and sour cream. Does that bother me? Not really. I am not really missing dairy as much as I thought I would. Tonight's dinner is ground grass fed, local beef. Seasoning with mucho garlic and fresh tomato sauce. I will have it alone with some roasted vegetables, while Eric is planning on boiling up some pasta to have with his. Little changes, big impact.

Some images from the week...








 And whose day would be complete without a little love from Scout?




Xoxo
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment